I forgot to mention this is my previous blog, but I wanted to share one of the perks and joys of house sitting with animals.....
Just like humans, all animals have digestive systems and they work the same as ours, for the most part. And just like us, when something goes in one way it has to come out another. Having to take care of animals while house sitting is making this fact of life so much more apparent.
In past times helping out house sitting Cooper tended to go poop inside the house instead of doing that business outside, even though we gave him plenty of opportunity and time. D&N never have this problem with Cooper and so we just figured he was acting out. In order to solve this problem D&N watched closely Cooper's digestive habits. They discovered that he'll go pee whenever you let him out, but it isn't until about 10 minutes after he eats that he has to go poop. Sweet! Problem solved!
This tip has worked pretty well and I thought I was done with cleaning up after Cooper's "accidents." This morning I let Cooper out for his morning potty routine and surprisingly he went pee and poop. I was so proud of him because he rarely does that. He even got a little doggy treat for what my family calls a "good potty!"
He quickly began his daily ritual of chasing and wrestling with the cats after I let him in from his morning potty. I ran upstairs to grab my scriptures and came back downstairs. For some reason I looked into the front dinning room just to double check to see if any surprises had been left there by Cooper - it's his favorite place to go poop. And boy was there a surprise for me! It hadn't even been 10 minutes and he had pooped on the carpet! Das!
Usually cleaning up after Cooper isn't bad because his poop is on the harder side, but this morning he decided he didn't want to be that kind to me. He left me a pile of poop that was on the rather soft side - very soft side, with trailing spots of poop coming from the pile. Cooper knew exactly what was coming to him and tried to flee, but his attempt wasn't successful. I couldn't understand at all how he went poop after having just gone 10 minutes prior! Things like this make me wonder why people have pets and solidifies my desire to never have them. Cleaning up the mess was absolutely no fun and almost enduced the gag reflex. Sick.
Oh the joy of animals..........................
Iris, Iris, and More Iris!!!
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment