One of my prominant Anasazi items that I see almost on a daily basis is my Rememberance Pouch because it is hanging from my review mirror in my truck. For those of you who don't know what a Rememberance Pouch is, it is a small leather pouch that you carry around your neck, which holds items that have significant meaning to you. It is also has fringe hanging from the bottom of the pouch in which you can string beads on that also have meanings to them that are given to you for various reasons and/or accomplishments.
After working at Anasazi for 3 years I never received a number of beads for my Rememberance Pouch for accomplishing certain things. And knowing the slim possibility of me returning to Anasazi I finally took it upon myself to give myself the beads and put them on my Rememberance Pouch. It took me several hours to string many tiny little beads on several strands of leather, but I got them all on and my Rememberance Pouch is now complete!
I also took the opportunity to go through the items inside my Rememberance Pouch before hanging it back up in my truck. My Rememberance Pouch contains mostly notes that Young Walkers or Trail Walkers have written to me with a few other items of significant importance. I came upon a particular note that a Trail Walker had written to me that I wanted to share because it give pretty good insight to how others view me on the trail.
One summer week on the trail I was walking with a group of girls and 2 other female Trail Walkers. For no reason in particular we decided to draw names and secretly throughout the week do things for the person who's name we had drawn. We also had the option of making and giving something to them as well. Another Trail Walker drew my name and at the end of the week I recieved this note from her.
Ode to Trail Walker Rachel
Rachel Gillmore's a mighty fine girl.
Rachel Gillmore's a mighty fine girl.
Her blond hair ain't got no curl.
She's awful quiet - just like a mouse,
But when she talks she brings down the house.
Her sense of humor's wicked mean -
Scared some so bad they nearly lost their spleen.
But ya know deep down she's nice & sweet
(What ain't so sweet is the smell of her feet).
If her pack ain't perfect, she gets in itch
She's whatcha might call a perfectionist.
The double half hitch is her favorite knot,
For her tying skills she is highly sought.
A belching beauty & the queen of apple pockets.
And boy, oh boy! What fine eye sockets!
That's why we love her, yes we do!
Right down to the tips of her red chaco shoes!
This Trail Walker did a pretty good job capturing or highlighting my personality on the trail. Although I do need to make a disclaimer about one line in this poem. I have no idea where she got the whole smelly feet idea! I think she was probably scrambling for words that rhymed with "sweet"! But other than that, she hit it pretty square on the nail.
No comments:
Post a Comment