I think I just needed the summer months in order for me to come to grips with cutting my hair and letting go of the long hair that I love. Well, it's September and the summer is fading fast. It was a spur of the moment decision to get my hair cut coupled with the encouragement of my friend that got me into the salon chair. The Results:
Ok, so it wasn't as drastic as I thought it was going to be. Nobody even noticed that I got my hair cut and layered, which still bewilders me a little bit. After getting home from having it cut I realized a problem that I didn't think of before hand. How in the world do I style layered hair!?! For any of you who know me well know that hair, make-up - you know all that girly stuff - isn't my forte. I am horrible at it! (I like to blame having three brothers for my girl styling deficiencies - sorry brothers). I was just beginning to get comfortable and expand styling techniques with straight hair. Back to square one. My skill and knowledge doesn't go beyond four styles - straight, crunched, curled under, and back in a pony tail. Sad.
But needless to say, I am a little excited to expand my hair styling knowledge. Hopefully in all of my failed attempts I'll learn something and find a new way of styling. Any pointers, tips, or suggestions would be wonderful!
But needless to say, I am a little excited to expand my hair styling knowledge. Hopefully in all of my failed attempts I'll learn something and find a new way of styling. Any pointers, tips, or suggestions would be wonderful!
1 comment:
Oooh.. I do love the hair very chic! As for tip's not that I'm some guru, but trying doing a wavy style where you take pieces of hair and wrap it around the curling iron starting from the top of the head down to the ends of the hair and un roll the curling iron slowly...Also if you have a straightner you can do a wavy style with that as well it just gets kind of tricky (it works for me b/c my hair doesn't hold any curl you might need to call me b/c it's hard to explain lol) So try it out I'm sure it'll look goregous. It just takes practice.
Post a Comment