Thursday, July 31, 2008

One More Week

So the inevitable happened. I ordered a new cell phone. The arrival date of my new cell phone is on August 7th. One more week. (Hoping it comes quicker than that). It's been over a week already since my cell phone's death. Well, it's more like in a vegetable state because it can still turn on, but nothing else works. Anyway, it's been a bitter sweet experience not having a cell phone, but I think I'll enjoy the sweet of it more when I receive my new one.

For all of you who know what the day before August 7th is, I am sorry that - again - I will not be able to receive any calls. (BUT that doesn't mean you can't leave messages). Last year on this date I was out of cell range. I hope this doesn't turn into an annual thing....

In other news, I have started donating plasma again. I have done this on and off as I have been in Rexburg. The last time I donated was in September 2006. I don't recall why I stopped going. Probably too busy or had a near-fainting experience from them either fishing around in my arm to find my vein or my vein collapsing from the stress of donating so much that deterred me for a while. But whatever it was it didn't scare me bad enough to keep me away for life.

Donating plasma brings in a good amount of money a month for the amount of time spent donating it. If I eat and drink right I can get my donations down to around 30 mins., which is quite fast. In other words, the time is worth the money. This extra money is good to have on hand for emergency purposes, for fun activities, for groceries, for bills, or for savings. I am hoping to use the majority, if not all, for a specific savings. We'll see how well I can hide it from myself.

If you want to learn about or more about donating plasma, click here.

No comments: