During the winter months I spend a lot of time indoors because I strongly dislike being cold! I'd take 115 degrees over being cold any day! But slowly over the last two winter seasons I have been exploring some winter sports, which I have really enjoyed despite the freezing temperatures (i.e., snowboarding, snowshoeing). This month, for the first time I went cross country skiing. I found cross country skiing a bit similar to snow shoeing, but with a little bit more coordination.
The above picture of me is my triumph of finally getting back up after falling with my XC skis on. It was a toss up between the difficulty of putting my XC skis back on (which I could never do without help) to get up or to get up with my XC skis on. I usually chose the battle of getting up without taking my XC skis off. That was a challenge all in itself, but got better and better after each fall (which occurred a bit more frequently than preferred).
With being a perfectionist, certain things take a lot longer for me to complete. For several years now I have wanted to learn how to make a leather journal. In my mind, this was buying a journal from the store and then making a leather covering for it. Never did I think I would learn how to do the whole process from start to finish, but I have successfully learned how! Going back to the whole perfectionist thing, it took me a long time to figure out how I wanted my leather journal to look. Once I figured that out I was ready to begin. I soon learned that even though each step is pretty easy to do, it took a lot of time and a lot of patience! But each step was well worth the final product!
I have learned a TON and have changed A LOT since my experience began at Anasazi. And even though as I move forward with my life I find myself continually looking back and drawing from the experiences, ceremonies, steppings, sittings, stories, and all else that is incorporated into the Anasazi Way.
In my truck I have my Rememberance Pouch hanging from my review mirror. It is something that I always look at whenever I am in my truck. It helps me remember my walking and something that I am trying to live up to. Recently I have had the desire to make a new Rememberance Pouch. I have never completely made one before, since the ones supplied at Anasazi are all pre-made. The process of making the Rememberance Pouches (pictured below) has brought so many new awakenings into my life and a new perspective that I have needed to grasp.
I am grateful for my unexpected challenges this month. I have discovered not only new activities that I would like to continue and develop, but I was also able to discover things about myself and receive awakenings that have began to help me turn towards a greater Light in my life.
February Challenge: A humble success
1 comment:
These are beautiful! Sounds like this endeavor was a spiritual experience as well. You are a woman of many talents! Way to go!
Love, Sheree
Post a Comment