In the last couple days I have been able to get out and be in nature a bit more and enjoy the amazing weather and the beauty that I am surrounded by. Here are just a few pictures that I've captured while in my element. Enjoy!
On a bike ride a few days ago I stopped by a canal I often went to to eat lunch at with Angie last summer. I spotted a patch of these flowers in a small grassy lot near the canal. I thought they were so pretty!


A nearby mountain - "R Mtn" - near Rexburg called out to me this afternoon as I was out and about. So I drove out there and hiked up it. To my surprise and as a tender mercy the top was dotted with little patches of Indian Paintbrush flowers. One of my all-time favorite flowers. There were red, orange, and a vibrant pink Indian Paintbrushes.
A flower for YOU! :o)
I have never seen this happen before. There was a rainbow streaked across a cloud in the sky, yet it hasn't rained for over a week now and no rain in sight! I've never seen a lone rainless rainbow before. It was so awesome!

These flowers also dotted the top of R Mtn. A lot of them were wilting, but was able to find some good patches of unwilted, perfectly bloomed flowers.
On top of R Mtn are cell phone towers and a couple small power buildings. Upon seeing this structure the immediate thought that came into my mind was to climb it. And so I did! "I can and so I will!"
I'd guesstimate that I went up about 40-50 feet before stopping. One, because I am afraid of heights and didn't have a buddy along with me to encourage me to keep going. And two, because well...if I fell I would die. No doubt.
These flowers were spread over the top of R Mtn. in various sizes - some big, some small. These are one of the bigger ones I came across. So pretty!
I am so grateful for the passion of nature that has been gifted and instilled in me! I absolutely love to be out in it and surrounded by it. It really does stirr the soul and bring peace and solace to your heart. If anybody has the opportunity to hike up R Mtn, GO! I have been up there several times, but never when flowers were in bloom and little critters scurried around you. It is a different experience. And if you can't make it to R Mtn, go find a place nearby and take some time to just enjoy your surrounds - let it fill you. It's amazing!
1 comment:
Salmon colored flowers at the top are Poppies if I am not mistaken.
Post a Comment