Saturday, June 28, 2008

Angie Wrap + Hummus = Delight!

Last summer I was introduced to a very delicious lunch wrap by Angie. It consists of a Multi-Grain tortilla, lunch meat, lettuce, and tomatoes with pepper and sea salt sprinkled on top. Very yummy. This was our lunch on an almost daily basis. We took these wraps with us on the majority of our adventures - the park, sitting over a canal, up to the top of Table Rock, on road trips....the list goes on. It's quick, easy, healthy, and not to mention again, very good.

At the end of last year while working at Anasazi I discovered Hummus. It became almost a tradition for me to get whole wheat pitas and Hummus on the drive off the trail to munch on and for my taste buds to celebrate that I was no longer eating rice & lentils for at least 6 more days. I introduced Angie to my hummus kick. It didn't take long for us to put her Angie wrap creation and my love for hummus together. What we got was heightened delight!

Angie and I continued to indulge ourselves in this new combination, trying as many different types of hummus on an almost weekly basis. (Yes, that is how fast we went through hummus). But because Angie and I have since moved to different locations I have neglected this delicious lunch tradition of ours. Until today, that is.

In the process of getting ready for the day and realizing after stepping off the scale that I need to increase my food intake, the craving for Angie Wrap Delight came to me. I couldn't neglect it any longer. I quickly finished getting ready and then headed out to the grocery store to buy all of the necessary ingredients for the Angie Wrap Delight. Upon arriving home, before putting away any of the other groceries I picked up, I made my long-awaited Angie Wrap Delight. Sitting in the sun outside I again indulged myself while reminicing of the many memories of our trio: Angie, me, and the wrap.

If you haven't ever tried hummus or if you haven't had it for a long while, I'd highly recommend adding it to the list of necessary food items. Angie and I don't hold our Angie Wrap Delight recipe in secrecy but wish for all to enjoy it! Give it a try, we're pretty sure you'll fall in love with it.

"It's always better...together!"

1 comment:

Ang said...

I miss those wraps and the laughter that went with them... Thanks for the reminder, my taste buds are now waiting in anticipation! :0) F&FA NMW