Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Hitting the Slopes!

Ben and I thought we'd take advantage of being in Rexburg during the winter semester by taking a snowboarding class together. It has been a blast so far. We've had two lessons and seem to be picking it up pretty well. Both of us have had our share of crashes and expect more to come as we become more proficient in our abilities. Due to my previously broken tailbone snowboarding has been a bit tricky in my attempts to not land on my bum when I crash. It has provided Ben with quite the entertainment. We are excited to be taking this class together and learning a new sport, but mostly we are excited to be able to spend this time together as brother and sister.

Ben and I after our first snowboarding lesson at Targhee Ski Resort. With an hour left before heading home I crashed and landed on my tailbone pretty bad; enough to stop me from boarding for the remaider of the day. We toured the shops, ate, and took pictures in the meantime.

Ben and I on the lift during our second snowboarding lesson. My initial fear of going up the lift was having to come down the mountain. Needless to say, I survived and actually grew to enjoy the peaceful ride on the lift and the confidence I gained each time coming down the mountain.

Me and my snowboard!

Ben showing off his 'coolness' as a new snowboarder as we ride the lift up the mountain.

2 comments:

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

When I first looked at these pictures I thought, "who is this Ben kid? Is Rachel seeing someone?" it was almost confirmed by the comment of being able to spend more time together but then I finished that sentence and laughed at the fact that he is your brother. I guess I don't know that much about your family.
Matt

Matt, Julee, Carlee, Danilyn and Peter said...

Oh, hi Rachel! I just got back from a cold rainy run and Matt said you had a bolg and that you had a boyfriend! It was funny when I read "spending time together as brother and sister." Matt is such a tease. I am glad you are getting to hang out with your brother. It is fun to hear from you. I like your place. I will go read the e-mail from you now. I am excited to hear from you.