Usually my weekends mainly consist of sleeping and working, along with a few other items of accomplishment from my to do list. There isn't much time to play on the weekends; the majority of my play time takes place during the week days. But today was a rare occasion wherein I was able to spend most of my Saturday playing and enjoying the day to the max!
Today was a celebration of sorts, but mostly dedicated to my amazing friend who just passed the state test and became a CNA. A great accomplishment! After a interesting experience, but rather filling lunch at Sizzlers we began looking for hills to go sledding down. This was a last minute idea I had as I was running out the door, but was met with much excitement upon my suggesting it. Idaho has finally received it's first real snow fall over the last few days and my friend and I were both really excited to try out the new powder. We drove around looking for a certain hill, but ended up going to a park that had the perfect sledding hill in it. It wasn't a huge hill - but it was perfect to satisfy the adventurous spirit we had inside.
Our 'sleds' consisted of a long, body-width piece of plastic with hand holds around the edges. I had never used them before and so I didn't know how well they worked. But with snow falling heavily around us we didn't hesitate to jump on and give it a whirl. To my surprise the sleds worked fantastic, which only added to our fun. We slid down the hill in as many different ways you could possibly think of! It was sooooo much fun!
I think I had forgotten or had a bit of a bad taste for sledding in my mouth because of last year's winter experience. I had broken my tailbone mountain biking in October and so my winter activities, which consisted of sledding and snowboarding, weren't so enjoyable especially when I went over a bump or got any kind of air on a sled or when I would fall (which I did quite often) snowboarding. (I am grateful for the patience and love of those who were with me on these occasions!). Sledding today brought added excitement, fun, and new limits because it wasn't painful anymore and I could enjoy it to it's absolute fullest, especially since my friend was with me last winter as well in my attempt to go sledding.
Today was such a fun day of celebration and making memories! It was a perfect way to kick off the snowy winter wonderland. I look forward to many more similar fun adventures this winter may bring. Thanks for an amazing day today!!
Iris, Iris, and More Iris!!!
18 years ago
1 comment:
Thanks for sacrificing sooooooooooo much! I am glad that someone was excited about the little accomplishment in my life. Will miss that greatly! Hope that you continue to live life to the max! F&FA NMW
Post a Comment